Thursday 28 August 2008

tour de Mull!!

It wasn't quite Mark Beaumont but myself and the other (Ken) are just back from 5 days cycling (and camping!) round the Isle of Mull! Here's a few pics from the 'great adventure'.

A quick detour to Duart Castle.

Ken at Lochbuie.

Me having a well earned cuppa after reaching the end of the long rise in Glen More (and the sun came out!).

Leaving Calgary behind.

Ken at the top of the long upwards stretch on the Calgary/Gruline road.

Glorious sunshine overlooking Ulva.

A waterfall!
On the road back from Glengorm to Tobermory.

Some might remember I did a bit of damage to my knee a wee while back (many thanks to Mr MacLean and PRI for sorting me out!) so I've been doing a bit of cycling since to keep things working, hence this trip. I was a bit apprehensive about tackling Mull's long slow (never ending!) hills as I'm more used to undulating Perthshire as far as cycling is concerned. But it was all good in the end and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Single track roads were a bonus as it meant many more opportunities to stop - which I'm all for! Although I spent a large chunk of my childhood on Mull it was great to get round to parts I wasn't at all familiar with. And can I just recommend waterproof socks - I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments: